Monday, February 18, 2013

{Review} Chasing the Skip by Janci Patterson






Ricki’s dad has never been there for her. He’s a bounty hunter who spends his time chasing parole evaders—also known as “skips”—all over the country. But now since Ricki’s mom ran off, Ricki finds herself an unwilling passenger in a front-row seat to her father’s dangerous lifestyle.

            Ricki’s feelings get even more confused when her dad starts chasing seventeen-year-old Ian Burnham. She finds herself unavoidably attracted to the dark-eyed felon who seems eager to get acquainted. But Ricki thinks she’s ever in control—the perfect manipulator. Little does she know that Ian isn’t playing their game by her rules.





MY REVIEW

Ricki’s dad is a bounty hunter who chases fugitives that he calls “Skips”. Which is becomes ironic when Ricki’s mom skips out on her. Does her dad try to find her mom? No. He makes her go on his hunts with him, which is fine by her b/c she always dreamed of going with him. But the thing is, she doesn’t want to be a burden to him and wants to leave. When he dad’s next skip is a 17 year old boy, Ricki decides she doesn’t want to leave anymore. She wants to get his story. The more she talks to him the more she likes him. And as she gets closer to Ian, the more things go wrong. Is Ricki in control or falling for Ian’s game?


This book threw me for a loop. By the description on the back I thought I had it all figured out. This book was crazy good. Not in the top 10, but it’s high on the list. It makes you think about your life, about the future and that sometimes you can’t do things on your own. Maybe, just maybe you need a shoulder to lean on. I watched Ricki and it reminded me of well me. :D Not with the bounty hunter dad, but with her mom. No. my mom never left, but she chooses a guy over me. This book touched a deep part of me and I will always remember it. Ricki was a strong girl, not in most parts, but where it counted. This book goes to show you that you can’t always see the good in people….kinda like I do. Ricki and I were kinds the same in that that aspect. I know this is a stand alone, but I wouldn’t mind finding out what happens next with Ricki.

Ricki- Ricki is like any other 15 year old girl except her dad was never there for her and her mom ran out on her. She wants to be a journalist, which I think she will excel in. She had to grow up fast living with her mother. Under the circumstances I think she handled everything well. And I already stated that she reminded me of me when I was 15.

Ian- Let me just say he wasn’t what I expected and leave it at that.

Max AKA. Dad- Is a bounty hunter with a soft side. You never really know what’s going on with him until the end of the book. He is a hard man, but a good man. He needs the money so he takes what jobs he can get. He is a man that realizes the mistakes that he has made and wants to make up for it.

The Cover: I like the cover. No, it’s not the best cover I’ve ever seen, but I like it. The cover speaks volumes of what happens in the book. Ian with is hands cuffed and Ricki reaching out too help him.

 4 Handcuffs


No comments:

Post a Comment

WE CRAVE INTERACTION. Well, that sounded desperate..lol.. ;) Leave a comment, crack a joke, ask a question, or just share something fun. Don't matter to us... as long as there is no SPAM or HATE. ): Unless it's the food- spam. We love that....