Wednesday, April 24, 2013

On the Spot Interview With Karolyn James




Today we are honored to have Karolyn James on the blog today who is the author of the Brothers of Rock series. Before we get to the interview, let's find out about little bit about her and her book. :D 







***Being called "a cross between Nashville and 50 Shades of Grey," the BROTHERS OF ROCK series is dramatic, sexy, romantic,and entertaining. It sizzles!***
__

With ALL ACCESS, a contemporary romance series begins that explores, life, love, and music. Join the five band members of Chasing Cross as they find that there's more to life beyond the stage.

BOOK DESCRIPTION:

Jess is caught off guard when a sexy stranger buys her a cup of coffee and asks her to sit with him. He's mysterious, nice, and even though he says the right things at the right time, Jess can sense that there's something hidden about him.
*
As Johnnie sits across from the beautiful woman, he can't believe she doesn't recognize him. Everyone does. It comes with the territory when you're the lead singer of one of the hottest bands in the world, Chasing Cross. With one more show to go before taking a small break in touring, it feels like luck is on Johnnie's side. That is, if he can find a way to tell Jess who he is, without scaring her off.
*
After her best friend begs her to come to a concert, Jess finds herself standing in the middle of a crowd. The lights are off, music begins, and the crowd erupts in cheers. She doesn't know much about the band, but that's all about to change. When the lights come on, Jess can't believe her eyes. The lead singer of the band is the man from the café.
*
Plucked from the crowd during the show, Jess makes her way backstage. The encore may have ended on stage, but the real show is just about to begin. Johnnie's passion quickly turns to romance but the more time he and Jess spend together, the more things get complicated. Johnnie has a big decision to make about himself and the band, testing his loyalty and love for the music, and when Jess's dreams start to come true, she starts to realize that true love exists, but it's not always an easy path to take.






About this Author



Karolyn James is the pen name for award winning author, Karolyn Patterson. This is a different side of Karolyn, one that doesn’t just explore relationships, but the sexuality within those relationships.

Feel free to explore the blog, and don’t forget to grab a copy (or two ) of her steamy, erotic romance reads. Enjoy reading these books in comfort and privacy as they are all ebooks!

Her current works in progress include…

- the hit series featuring billionaire Alexander Porter titled Serve His Needs
- the steam filled series Falling for the Billionaire
- something to heat up winter with Snowed in with the Billionaire
- other erotic romance projects… and romance co-written as herself as Karolyn Patterson!

Follow her on Twitter @karolynjames

Or email her at Karolyn.James@hotmail.com

She prides herself off being able to interact with her readers and fans and always tries to respond to every Tweet and email.



Now what you've all been waiting for, the interview with Karolyn James!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





1.    If you could describe your book using three words, what would they be?

Romantic.  Honest.  Sexy.

2.    For the Brother of Roc series. Is each book going to showcase a member of the band? If not, then who?

As of right now, the Brothers of Rock series follows the band, Chasing Cross. There are five members in the band and each member gets their own book.  The rest of band may or may not appear in each other books too.  I have dreams of expanding the series, but that’s up to the readers! J

3.    What are you goals in regards to your writing?

As a writer, I have a set word count goal I hit per day, along with a schedule of releasing books.  I keep detailed outlines and I make sure that I can provide the best stories possible to my readers.  They have supported for such a long time and it’s my job to keep them reading.

4.    Was there a certain author or book that influenced you into writing?

Wow, what a question.  There are so many good authors out there right now.  From Bella Andre to Marie Force… to Nora Roberts, Nicholas Sparks, and so many others.  As far as a certain book goes, I’ve been hooked on reading since I read The Wizard of Oz in grade school.  J

5.    Do you have any other book planned for the future?

Oh, yes!  The Brothers of Rock series is slated for 5 books, but that could change.  After that, I have two more romance series waiting to start.  I can’t give details just yet.  Then, of course, there’s the steamier side to myself… I have another rockstar series called ‘Rock Her Curves’ that has been doing amazing.  Book two is coming out and two more are planned for summer/fall.

6.    Do you have a favorite character from All Access? If so, can you tell me who it is?

I LOVE Johnnie.  Sure, that’s clichĂ© since he’s the main character, blah, blah, but I love him.  He’s so commanding and so kind.  He’s open, honest, isn’t afraid to bleed on stage and bleed off stage.  His love of music takes him places beyond the fame and fortune of rock n’ roll and when he meets Jess, he’s so hopeless and so taken by her, it gets to me. 

7.    What was the hardest part of writing your book?

Keep the timeframe together and setting up the other books!  The first book is SO important.  Bringing in each band member, little by little, giving hints at their personalities while managing the romance between Johnnie and Jess. 

8.    While you were writing, did you ever feel as if you were one of the characters?

*blushes*  I was Jess.  I had a ‘rockstar romance’ thing back in the day.  I’ll never share the details but some may appear in the books in the series!  ;)

9.    Did you learn anything from writing your book and what was it?

I learned that series writing is hard but rewarding.  When I write a stand alone book, I’m in their world and then out.  When writing a series, I’m creating a world.  I’m leaving doors open to explore later, I’m giving hints at future books, I’m creating people that readers will see over and over, at least five times.  I had to have ALL five books generally outlined so the stories all fit together.  I had to have ALL five band members ready to go.  J 

Speed questions LOL :D

1.    Cat or dogs?  Dogs
2.    Print or ebook?  eBook… love my Kindle! J
3.    Vampire or werewolf?  Vampire (no sparkles though… be rough!)
4.    Damon or Stefan from The Vampire Diaries?  Hmm… Damon!
5.    Sam or Dean from Supernatural?  Ooohh… Dean.  J
6.    Chocolate or Vanilla?  Vanilla (with chocolate syrup!)

Well those were random LOL :D

I would like to end the interview with something fun. Can you tell me something fun/random/wonky/crazy about yourself or your writing habits?

I wake at the same time each morning and reread what I wrote the day before.  It gets the juices flowing.  I keep a set word count goal and fight my way to it before I ease off the gas pedal.  I always have two manuscripts working at the same time so I never burn out or hit writers block.  I’m addicted to Law & Order SVU and a friend just turned me on to Candy Crush… don’t get involved with that game!  Lol!  I’m a HUGE fan of Nashville (TV show) and sometimes find myself lost in watching home buying/renovation shows, mentally dreaming of my own dream home.  J


I don't know about you, but I thought those answers were awesome!!! I hope you enjoyed them as much as me. I also want to thank Karolyn James for taking the time and answering these questions for us and our followers.



Is there a question you'd like to ask Karolyn? If so leave them in the comments below and she might stop by.


 photo Signatureforkevin_zpsbc37071f.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE CRAVE INTERACTION. Well, that sounded desperate..lol.. ;) Leave a comment, crack a joke, ask a question, or just share something fun. Don't matter to us... as long as there is no SPAM or HATE. ): Unless it's the food- spam. We love that....